There are categories, for which the size field is mandatory to be filled in (i.e fashion).
In such a case, the information should be inserted in the size field only - not in the product’s title.
There are 3 distinct ways to send the size information
- By filling the “size” field in XML
- By filling the size variations of the nested XML
- By sending each size as a separate product
- Add only the currently available size variations, separated by comma. I.e if for a specific T-shirt, you have in stock only small and extra large, then the field should be like :
- <size>S, XL</size>
- If there is a size range, should be included using the dash sign
- <size>0.5-3, 4.5-5.5, 8-9</size>
- If a product is identified by two sizes you can include them using the forward slash
- The parent product should be exactly the same as the current XML specification (including all fields, even those that are size variation specific i.e. availability, size, quantity, link, price, MPN and EAN)
- The attributes of the variation should be filled in, following the same principles as the parent, but should reflect just the specific variation data.
- Every variation should have a unique ID
Different size as a different product
- Every size can be sent as a different product, by filing in the unique size in the proper field. The only differences are the size and the product ID, unless there is also a price difference.
Each product should have a unique ID. This is very important, in any other case the product will be quoted and hidden.